Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fr


Robot 7 and Lobster Bisque
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

This is a complicated story for a junkman. I do not like complications. I really want you to understand everything I relate to you. Its important to me. The story about Woody and his Stuffed Shirts will take years to explain. So first, let me just outline and flush out the characters involved.
1) In the early nineties I had my first store in the East Village

2) A young man wearing pancake make-up and a suit off of a corpse from the 1890's called himself Woody approached me for work. I gave it to him instantly. The P.T. Barnum aspect to my personality recognized I had a gorilla act thrown my way for free. Not that Woody was a gorilla, but more, me standing alongside Woody's slight physique in his get-up would encourage people to throw peanuts our way. He would look like my trainer and my burliness needed no suit.

3)Never did I suspect that Woody and His Stuffed Shirts were Agents Provocateurs. My own innocence. Their constant chatter about Robot 7 and Lobster Bisque should have tipped me off. It took me years to understand that Robot 7 was their code name for me. I was the mechanical man which would lead them to other undesirables in the city. Lobster Bisque was code word for undesirables they were trying to round up. Was I not such a foodie, I might never have figured out their status with the government as goads to arouse other rabble rousers, in order to form a list of people the city no longer wanted in their city. Gentrification had stung hard in the East Village and government agents and Real Estate Moguls were behind Woody to incite devilry and flush out the non desirables out of Manhattan and at least push them into Brooklyn or preferably Jersey. They succeeded

4)You see, complicated. Let me simplify. Woody and His Stuffed Shirts was not a bonafide rock band. Woody, Pall, Dandy- Doah, and Schnauzer were government agents and Real Estate lackeys, who ended up making quite good songs with a snappy beat despite themselves and what they were hired to do for considerable amounts of money.

5)You see complicated... Every time I hear those words, Robot 7 and Lobster Bisque I think about what a fool I was. Yet, still I never turn down a well made bisque of any kind and always enjoy it.

6) Years of deception later, I am able now to put the pieces of this puzzle together and relate it to others. My recomendation to you is that after you read a Woody and His Stuffed Shirts story, you immediately roll the paper into a ball and eat it. Bon Appetite.

7) Next Week, Woody and his Stuffed Shirts are introduced to a Documentary Director and The Stuffed Shirts must figure out how to discourage any positive publicity coming their way in order to keep their cover as agents provocateurs secure

No comments: