Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hunting For The Apple That Eve Bit

Wednesday, July 04, 2007


Hunting For The Apple That Eve Bit
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

There most definately is a quality of gambling to what I do for a living. I'm out there on this treasure hunt everyday. I am looking for the apple that Eve bit. Now, don't get me wrong, I am not a religious man. In fact, I wish it were the time before the bible, I am after all a primitive man.
So, give me that apple that Eve bit and the first thing I would do is take a bite. Let's see how fruit tasted back then. Let's see how much smarter and what kind of knowledge I would have. I would not be ashamed of my body and dress in clothes. It's too hot for that. I would bring that apple to the Antique Roadshow and the first sucker which offered me a million bucks in single unmarked bills, I would grab it. I've got a family of 4 to feed. I don't have time to think about its significance. I need to cashout.
Damn, how did I get on this topic. Oh yeah, I was going to talk about how when I wake, I don't know what I'm going to buy or where I am going to end up. I ended up in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, schlepping a mattress to the curb. I realized I better call Dawn and tell her I'll be late for dinner. I live in Brooklyn. (I was buying a 45 record collection and the old guy wanted his mattress thrown out. I helped him out. I took a plane in the morning on a lead and I never got a chance to tell Dawn what was going on.
Damn, this is still not what I wanted to tell you about. Sometimes, my life feels like a spiraling ball of rubber bands. I have a lot to tell you and I want to get it all out at once. I want you to hold the rubber ball in your hands, and each color of the ball will tell a different aspect of my story. I want you to see it all at once and that is not possible.
Tomorrow, I'll tell you what I wanted to tell you today.

No comments: